For patients suffering from chronic pain, seeking treatment at a Houston acupuncture clinic can often provide new avenues of relief for their conditions. Acupuncture is performed using thin needles that are inserted at specific points in the patient’s skin. These procedures have provided significant relief for a number of physical ailments and injuries. Understanding the benefits of acupuncture can help patients determine if this course of treatment is the right one for their particular conditions.
Benefits of Acupuncture Treatments
Acupuncture is an ancient form of medicine first developed in China and used for centuries by traditional practitioners. These treatments are believed to restore the natural balance of chi energy within the body and to reduce blockages that could otherwise interfere with the flow of that energy. Today, acupuncture offers a wide range of benefits for patients that include the following:
- Relief from chronic or acute pain, including fibromyalgia
- Lessening of nausea and indigestion symptoms
- Soothing of menstrual cramps
- Management of migraine symptoms
- Partial relief from labor pains
- Alleviation of stress and tension
Seeking the help of a qualified Houston acupuncturist can provide real relief for those suffering from these and other conditions.
Pain Management Applications
The most common use of acupuncture is in the treatment of pain. Houston acupuncture specialists use specially designed needles at key points throughout the body to address the source of the pain.
- For patients with fibromyalgia, pain can be a debilitating part of everyday life. Acupuncture treatments can often provide a measure of pain relief for these patients and can allow them to resume some or all of their regular work and home responsibilities.
- Migraine sufferers can often achieve a significant degree of relief from acupuncture treatments that can allow them to avoid the use of harsh medications. This can often provide added energy and alertness for conducting their daily activities.
- Patients suffering from chronic lower back pain can benefit from regular acupuncture treatments to manage their discomfort and increase their degree of mobility. Participating in regular physical activity can further improve the fitness of some patients and can provide valuable support in the recovery process.
- Acupuncture can provide some relief from the pain experienced during labor and may be useful in managing severe menstrual cramping in some patients.
Studies have shown that acupuncture is an effective treatment for patients suffering from nausea and indigestion due to the side effects of certain powerful drugs and radiation treatments, including those used in chemotherapy. Used in conjunction with other pain relievers and anti-nausea medications, acupuncture sessions are safe and effective in managing these unwanted symptoms.
One of the most important benefits of treatments at an established Houston acupuncture facility is the reduction in stress that these procedures can often produce in patients. Managing stress effectively can produce a number of positive effects, including the following:
- A lower chance of obesity due to stress eating
- Better sleep habits and improved alertness
- Reduced symptoms of depression and anxiety disorders
- Lessened risk of digestive tract upset
- Improved ability to heal from minor injuries and infections
Even for otherwise healthy individuals, acupuncture treatments can provide solid support for managing the symptoms of stress and can help in reducing the health problems associated with this common issue.
By working with the Acupuncture & Nutrition Clinic to set up a regular schedule of acupuncture treatments, patients can reduce chronic pain to a manageable level and can enjoy a host of other health benefits. We provide Chinese acupuncture services designed specifically to enhance your health, manage pain and increase your overall state of well-being. Our licensed acupuncturists will design a program specifically designed to meet your unique set of medical needs. Contact us today to set up an appointment or to learn more about the benefits acupuncture can provide for you.